Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Office of Administration and Resources Management (OARM)
Information Resources Management Division (IRMD)
Comtech provides technical innovation and tools that empower organizations such as EPA to be an empowered organization in decision making and operating with cost savings and increased efficiency. Our cutting-edge best practices include IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), Security, and Agile delivery.
Comtech is collaborating with OARM stakeholders on creating a nimble, efficient, and forward-looking culture for users varying from scientists who use a graphics design service to create technical diagrams to users who access SharePoint applications to access their job data. All IT services provided meet section 508 standards since they pertain to website support and service accessibility. Comtech adhered to these standards during all phases of developing, procuring, maintaining and or using electronic information technology since it will be accessed by people with disabilities.
Our approach to fulfilling the business objectives for EPA includes: ITIL, CMMI, Security, and Agile delivery. This approach allows us to be efficient, consistent, and reliable in accelerating engineering, infrastructure, operations, and maintenance. In addition, we are implementing a systemic review of the latest technologies and best practices to fit EPA’s emerging needs.
- We are using an Agile Development method for software and systems engineering which engages stakeholders and tests processes to improve Quality Assurance. Key personnel are involved in each step to ensure needs and expectations are constantly met.
- This will allow users to be involved in the system’s progress and see improvement in weeks, not years. QA methodology is tested and true which led EPA towards consistency across the organization, increase functionality and eliminate shadow systems over time.
- While supporting existing systems, Comtech prepared a plan for selected systems and data to migrate to modern architectures and hosting environments. We implemented an adaptive UX that is intuitive, easy to comprehend, and user friendly. This led to an increase in software performance with reduced operational intervention.
- Support funds were used responsibly in the security and dependability of their systems. Monitoring tools are readily available to expedite resolution of any performance issues, freeing up resources to focus on new technologies and new processes. Doing the above allowed SLA’s to be met for performance and availability, resulting in end user trust and satisfaction.
- OARM-RTP Systems Thought Leadership created a “technical part working group” to serve as a think-tank for IRMD. This opened a Center of Excellence to expose and make available for review any issues needing to be addressed. Comtech mapped and embraced EPA OARM’s IT vision so that any emerging technologies and capabilities are made aware and suggested.